Extended returns until 15 January. Shop safe and easy. Express delivery with DHL 🚚
On warm mountain hikes in the summer, nothing can compete with light woollen garments. As you climb and your body temperature increases, wool’s temperature regulating properties will keep you from overheating. High up, it can get cooler when you stop for a break, but the wool will still keep you warm even when the garment is sweaty.
Climbing and demanding mountain hikes place great demands on the clothes you choose. If you're also going to camp out and will be carrying a large backpack, you are totally dependent on wearing clothes that both allow you to pack easily and do not work against you. By this we mean that you have to choose clothes that do not retain moisture, that you need clothes that can be worn again and again to save space in the backpack. Quick-drying clothes that keep you warm if you stop for a sweaty break at altitude.
You get all of this with the extremely versatile and completely natural high-tech summer wool, which is anti-bacterial and therefore does not smell of sweat, which is highly breathable and wicks moisture away from the body.
We have listed 8 different reasons why you should turn to wool when planning summer trips:
1. Moisture wickingAlthough cotton, for example, is breathable, it retains moisture and can make you clammy if you sweat. Very thin wool is therefore a better choice on warm days, as the wool is light, has very good breathability and wicks moisture away from the skin, preventing you from getting clammy.
2. Temperature regulatingMerino wool has a cooling effect in hot weather and feels warm against the skin if the temperature drops.
3. Super-softUltra-fine merino-quality summer wool is non-itchy and comfortable on the skin.
4. OdourlessWool ensures a healthy microclimate for the skin, keeping bacteria away, so that woollen garments do not retain odours. Wool needs far less washing than synthetic materials, which makes it the natural choice for holidays in the Norwegian countryside without a washing machine.
5. UV protectionMerino wool absorbs UV-rays, and therefore provides better protection for the skin against the sun.
6. Environmentally friendlyWool is naturally degradable and contains no plastic. It also has self-cleaning properties, so that reduced washing helps to protect the environment.
7. Saves space in the bagBecause you don't have to wash your woollen garments that often, you don't have to pack as many jumpers for your trip. Just remember to air the wool out between wears.
8. Less washing requiredWool requires less washing than synthetic materials and is naturally a biodegradable material - which is good for both you and the environment.
Summer’s new arrivals take their inspiration from nature’s colour palette. Nature is at the heart of everything we do. That’s where we source our materials and that’s where our products are made to be.